The Tuscaloosa Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) will hold the following meetings:
1. Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee (BPC), Monday, April 10, 2017, 10:00 a.m.
2. Citizens Transportation Advisory Committee (CTAC), Tuesday, April 11, 2017, 5:00 p.m.
3. Technical Coordinating Committee (TCC), Thursday, April 13, 2017, 10:00 a.m.
4. Metropolitan Planning Organization (Policy Committee), Monday, April 17, 2017, 2:00 p.m.
Items that will be discussed at the meetings include: (1) proposed Fiscal Years 2016-2019 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) amendments; (2) Tuscaloosa Area MPO Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan 2017; (3) West Alabama Coordinated Public Transit Plan 2017, and (4) Fiscal Year 2018 Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP). Documents are posted at http://warc.info/transportation-planning/tuscaloosa-area-mpo/documents.
• Proposed TIP amendments
1. (Project Addition) 100066532 McFarland Boulevard (US-82, SR-6) from west of Rose Boulevard (MP 42.5) to just east of Jug Factory Road (MP 53.7) - Access management; PE; 1/1/2017; $95,000
2. (Project Addition) 100066687 26th Avenue at ABS Railroad Intersection - Railroad crossing improvements, REF# 1318 (XVI-R); CN; 3/15/2018; $200,000
3. (Project Addition) 100066729 ARC of Tuscaloosa - Section 5310 Transit Rural Capital Support Equipment FY2017; TR; 4/1/2017; $14,822
4. (Date Change - Out of TIP) 100049318 I-20/59 Northbound and Southbound Rest Areas at Brookwood - Renovations; CN; 8/30/2024; $699,004
The MPO Policy Committee plans how federal highway and transit funds are spent in Tuscaloosa County. The MPO Policy Committee is served by three advisory committees: the BPC, CTAC, and the TCC. The BPC was formed to assist the MPO with bicycle and pedestrian issues and only meets in years when the bicycle and pedestrian plan is revised. The CTAC provides active and on-going public participation. The TCC, composed of engineers and planners, provides technical guidance to the Policy Committee.